You have probably heard that the Philippines is a Christian country. This is unusual because most countries in Asia are either Buddhist or Muslim. This was mostly due to the Spaniards who colonized the Philippines and introduced Catholicism to the people.
Today there are about 89 million Catholics out of 103 million Filipinos. Chances are the Filipina that you interested in is Catholic. Thus it is best to understand a few things about the Catholic Filipina and dating.
In her dating profile, she may have put the term “God fearing” woman. What does this mean exactly? Simply put, it means that she was raised with Christian values. This includes respecting the family, treating others with kindness, loving God, and generally trying to do the right thing according to the teachings of the Bible. For many Western men, this “God fearing” attribute may be the main reason why they seek a Filipina partner.
The Catholic Filipina’s religious upbring should be a good thing. She would likely make a loving, devoted and loyal partner for the right guy. Yet I hear from my friends and blog readers that many of the same guy who seek out the “God fearing” Filipina also want them to be naughty, easy, and hot in bed -- all on the first date. In fact, “that guy” also expects her to be experienced with sexting, x-rated chat, and baring all for the webcam. That makes my head spin with confusion.
If you are seeking a respectable God fearing Filipina, you need to act like a respectable guy. It is that simple. Don’t treat the woman that could potentially be your long term girlfriend or wife like a bar girl. Most Filipinas on the dating sites are investing their time and energy to find a real relationship. They are not there to play. Their lives are difficult enough juggling family, work and sometimes school.
Here are some simple Golden Rules to abide by if you want to go to the front of the line with your dream Filipina:
- Ask about her family. Remember that the family is the first form of societal glue in our culture. It keeps us functioning and happy even when most of us don’t have much by way of material things.
- Ask about our children. Yes it is true that many Filipinas on the dating sites are single moms. We love our children. We are their caregivers. And we would choose them over a guy. But we do need long term companionship and that is why we are seeking the right guy.
- Ask about our religion. You will likely find out that we go to church every Sunday. We make the sign of the cross and pray before every meal. We pray before going to bed. We pray when we wake up. It is a habitual act as much as it is spiritual. Our families expect it of us and being spiritual is good for the soul.
If you want to go to the back of the line or even get blocked, do these things:
- Ask for a naked picture or video. Come on, what “God fearing” woman would expose her private parts to some stranger guy online? On the first contact?
- Ask to go travel with you. Would any respectable woman in your country pack up a suitcase, leave her kids, and fly off to Bali with you for 2 weeks? Before you’ve ever met in person? Before you’ve ever met her family? Her friends?
- Offer to pay her to see her naked. Now you’ve officially called her a sexual performer. Thank God she is God fearing because she has her family, she has her children, she has her friends, she has her sanity. She doesn’t need you or your money if you are that kind of guy.
- Ask her to stay in your hotel when you visit. It is a big no-no for her to stay in your place when you meet for the first time. It is not respectable and goes counter to all that she has been taught. She will feel self conscious even with the hotel staff. The look and disdain from her family is not worth it to her.
“So is the God fearing woman boring, listless, and a starfish when it comes to excitement in the bedroom?” You may ask. I don’t think so.
The key to a Filipina’s heart -- the key to a woman’s heart is in the space between her ears. We have a mental checklist that we are not even aware of many times. They include the very things that our Christian religion has told us that we should do. Want to know what that checklist looks like?
Here it is:
- Is the guy responsible? When he says that he will call at 1 pm, does he call at 1 pm? Does the guy call his mother to check on her? Does he talk about taking care of his kids? Does he have a regular job? This is a very Christian concept.
- Is he thoughtful? Does he remember things about their chat? Did he remember their 1st month chatting? Does he offer to do things for her virtually like getting her coffee? Does he tell her sweet things just because? Jesus was always mindful of others.
- Does he have a sense of humor? Filipinos are easy going people. We tell a lot of funny stories. We love to laugh. Life is tough. You either laugh about it or you cry. Christ might have said it differently, but I believe that was his message.
Follow the Golden Rules as I laid them out here, pay attention to her checklist even though she may never verbalize it, and you will be 80% ahead of the pack. To get to the very top of the pack, subscribe to my newsletter and find out from a Real Pinay how to win the heart of the Filipina of your dreams. Approach this the right way and you will have a mentally stimulating, soul stirring, and sexually charged relationship with her especially if she is “God fearing”.